To help further possible ideas for my skeleton idea I decided to brainstorm a few thoughts I’ve had recently to try and pick out the best;
Methods to use;
- Paper Mache
- Casting to recreate certain bones in different ways
Objects to embed;
- Clear plastic or glass
- Barbed wire
- Metal Shards?
- Possibly real organs (animal) if health and safety allow, eg. a pig or beef heart, obtainable from butchers?
- Fake blood (NOT PAINT)
- Possibly latex? For fake skin?
Artists who come to mind?
- Kiki Smith’s Hard Soft Bodies 1992
- Marc Quinn (Already researched but the grotesque look of frozen blood face could help me further the idea of using animal heart)
- Fardou Louise Keuning