Joker Mask

For my final mask before I return to Uni I decided to go the whole way and really push myself in terms of what I can do with the plaster cast. I decided to create the Joker’s face, mostly because of his torn off face and how I could create the effect using plaster. Plastering his face was incredibly time-consuming and difficult due to the need for me to remove the lips from the base mask I used, and the large pointed nose I needed. The whole process of making his face took me over 5 or 6 days.

So far I have been unable to paint it due to how long it takes to dry. So far I would say it is definitely a success though in terms of how far I can push the plaster. I thoroughly enjoyed making this piece, particularly because of how often I find myself working in 2D mediums rather than 3D.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s