Tooth Fairy Mask

At the beginning of this project I stated I wanted to make a project using more than just 2D mediums, possibly looking into plaster cast etc. This week I was able to pick up some plaster cast bandages and some plain white masks. I was also able to pick up some latex for future experiments.

For my first mask I decided to make the Tooth Fairy from Darkness Falls. Under her china mask she is simply just a bloody burnt face, so I thought it was a simple and quick beginning.

After applying a couple of layers of plaster cast I then left it to dry overnight. I then decided to paint it using different shades of red and black acrylic paint, blending it slightly to create a painful bloody look. To add a finishing touch I then decided to experiment with latex slightly, and painted a thin layer on top of the paint, scratching it slightly to add more texture.

IMG_20161019_114724.jpg

For a first attempt I think it was a successful start, and I plan to make the next one more much adventurous.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s